Career and Technical Education (CTE)
There is a growing gap in the United States between the workforce skills employers need, and the skills our students have when they leave school. The growing awareness of the need for post-secondary training beyond traditional academic programs, makes the training potential of postsecondary career technical education (CTE) programs essential.
To address some of the most pressing educational and community needs, all three of our local School Districts, Alvord USD, Riverside USD and Val Verde USD have implemented successful CTE programs as Certificated Programs and STEM career pathways. These educational pathways offer an alternative to four bachelor degrees, as many STEM careers pathways only require an associate’s degree, certificated programs, apprenticeship, post-secondary school or Trade schools.
A number of the CTE programs address all ages and provide academic, technical knowledge, skills, and training through a variety of optional career pathways.
- Arts, Media, & Entertainment
- Building & Construction
- Business & Finance
- Education, Child Development, & Family Services
- Engineering & Architecture
- Fashion & Interior Design
- Health Science & Medical Technology
- Hospitality, Tourism, & Recreation
- Information & Communication Technologies
- Manufacturing & Product Development
- Marketing Sales & Service
- Public Services
- Transportation Engineering
- Student Spaceflight Experimentation
- Coding/Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Biomedical Science